KAB-215 2x15W Class D Audio Amplifier Board with Bluetooth 2.1
Efficient 2x15 watts of power from the Texas Instruments
Notify me when back in stock
High Quality Audio Performance
The Dayton Audio KAB-215 Bluetooth Amplifier Board delivers high quality sound without drawing a lot power. This is due to the highly efficient Texas Instruments TPA3110 Class-D amplifier chip. The TI TPA3110 operates at 90% efficiency, thus eliminating the need for a heat sink and reducing its overall size. Its high efficiency becomes a major advantage when powering from batteries as it prolongs the playtime of a single charge. Its ultra-low distortion and pop-free performance make this hi-fi amplifier board an integral asset in any quality audio build.
Unlike other amplifier boards, the Dayton Audio KAB-215 includes a built-in Bluetooth 2.1 module. This cost effective version of Bluetooth enables easy pairing with any mobile device or tablet for convenient access to audio. Designed and built for Bluetooth demonstration purposes, this fully functioning module provides a turn-key approach to Bluetooth certification for consumer goods. If the application of this board is for the hobbyist or industrial purposes then nothing is required to enjoy the full convenience of pairing and streaming Bluetooth audio. The KAB-215 is also CE and FCC ready for certification purposes.
Included with the KAB-215 are two wire harnesses: one for DC power and the other for connecting to stereo speakers. For many users, these cables are all that is needed to complete a project. Since they have Molex Mini Fit Jr connectors to speed-up installation and create confident a connection, there is no need to solder or troubleshoot loose and unstable contacts. Dayton Audio also offers a variety of accessories with robust features to make installation even easier. Find out more about optional accessories below.
Due to the overall audio performance and built-in Bluetooth, this amp board has almost endless application possibilities. From hobbyists and DIYers to manufacturers and installation organizations this Bluetooth amp board has immense flexibility. For orders greater than 100 units, custom OEM Bluetooth pairing names are available -- email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details. Even if you bypass the Bluetooth feature, this amplifier board integrates easily into any job because of its array of included and optional wiring harnesses. Examples of applications include:
Extreme Low Standby Power
The Dayton Audio KAB-215 will remain powered up to 7 days in standby mode even while Bluetooth is enabled. This standby time is approximately 4x longer than the competition due to the use of a high efficiency DC/DC converter which minimizes power consumption thanks to the employment of a micro controller as the PMU (Power Management Unit).
Multiple Power Paths
The Dayton Audio KAB-215 features numerous power options for creative, wireless sound projects. This flexibility eliminates limitations often caused by most other amp boards. Therefore, your design can be cord restricted or truly portable.
For portable applications, there is an optional function cable kit (KAB-FC) which permits the connection of rechargeable batteries to power the board. NiMH, lead acid, or NiCad batteries will recharge straight from the board using a 15 - 24 VDC, 1A power supply. Use extreme caution because the Bluetooth amp board does not provide under/over charge protection and the connected power adapter cannot have an output greater than 30 watts.
Solar charging is also an option, this application requires solar batteries with float (open) voltage with 16.5 - 21.5 VDC, and 20 - 100 watt panel.
Eight AA alkaline batteries can also power this board, but do not connect the recharging feature for this type of use.
The best rechargeable battery option makes use a separate interconnect board from Dayton Audio (KAB-BE) which holds three 18650 Li-Ion batteries. This portable power source is highly recommended since this add-on battery holder board does provide under/over voltage protection. A 19 VDC, 1-5A power supply is your best choice for charging the expansion board.
• One Dayton Audio KAB-215 Bluetooth Amplifier Board
• One 2-conductor power cable 20"
• One 4-conductor speaker cable 20"
• Power output (w/ 19 VDC power supply): 2 x 15W @ 8 ohms
• SNR: 89.3 dB
• THD: 0.07% @ 8 ohms, 10W, 1K Hz
• Frequency response: 22 to 22,000 Hz (±3 dB)
• Impedance: 4-8 ohms
• Recommended power supply: 12 to 24 VDC, 4A
• Recommended recharging power supply (NiMH, lead acid, or NiCad) 15 to 24 VDC, 1A
• Recommended recharging power supply (Li-Ion) 19 VDC, (1-5)A
• Dimensions: 3.6" L x 2.7" W x 0.9" H
Optional Function Cables
Use the KAB-FC cables to customize any Dayton Audio KAB project. This four-cable kit comes equipped with Molex Mini Fit Jr connectors for easy termination to the board, and each cable is 20" in length.
• The AUX-in cable with 3.5 mm jack feeds music from any analog source directly to the KAB-215 board, enabling audio play from almost any non-Bluetooth source.
• The volume control with cable lets you manually control sound levels, and mounts into a 0.3" hole.
• The battery cable is for portable projects where AC or 12 VDC car power are not available. Multiple types of rechargeable batteries work with this cable and the board will charge the batteries when using an adapter with 15 - 24 VDC. Output wattage of the power adapter should never exceed 30 watts, as there is no under/over charging protection built in to the KAB-215 board.
• Using the on/off power cable cuts power to the entire board, but still provides power to the connected batteries for charging. An optional SPST switch is needed to accomplish this function.
Optional LED Light Status Cables
The KAB-LED light cable kit includes three different status LEDs that are clear when not in use, but light up blue, red, and green. The blue LED is used as the Bluetooth indicator, the red LED indicates power, and the green LED indicates charging.
Optional Li-Ion Battery Charging Board
The Dayton Audio KAB-BE Li-Ion battery charging board holds three 18650 batteries (sold separately). This charging board has built in under/over voltage protection circuits for safe charging and longevity. It balances different voltage between batteries in case one battery discharges faster than the others. A 19 VDC, 1-5A power adapter works best for charging batteries contained in this board. Additional boards can be sequenced together to provide longer playing time.
Please note: When removing batteries from the KAB-BE, the charging adapter must be plugged in momentarily after the new batteries have been inserted. Failing to do so will prevent the amp board from powering up.
Optional L-type Aluminum Bracket
It can be quite difficult to install the audio amplifier board into tight spaces such as portable sound applications. To securely mount the KAB-215 board and improve space efficiency Dayton Audio offers the KAB-AB; an optional L-type aluminum bracket. This aluminum bracket supports vertical and horizontal mounting configurations to satisfy different installation requirements. With four M 3.5 screw lock standoffs, any Dayton Audio KAB board installs easily on the bracket using the four included security screws. Two M 3.5 holes and seven slots give you the versatility to mount the L-type bracket to your project as needed.
• Bluetooth 2.1 built directly into board -- no need for a separate module
• Board includes power and speaker output cables
• Wire harnesses make installation quick and simple with no soldering required
• Separate ports for powering by battery or direct DC input from a power adapter
• Optional accessories expand functionality and add indicator lights
• 5-year Dayton Audio warranty
|Unit of Measure||Each|
|Warranty - Parts||5 Years|
|Warranty - Labor||5 Years|
|Product Shipping Weight (lbs.)||0.2500|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other The Loudspeaker Kit users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.