Extreme Low Standby Power
The Dayton Audio KAB-230v3 will remain powered up to 7 days in standby mode even while Bluetooth is enabled. This standby time is approximately 4x longer than the competition due to the use of a high efficiency DC/DC converter which minimizes power consumption thanks to the employment of a micro controller as the PMU (Power Management Unit).
Multiple Power Paths
The Dayton Audio KAB-230v3 features numerous power options for creative, wireless sound projects. This flexibility eliminates limitations often caused by most other amp boards. Therefore, your design can be cord restricted or truly portable.
For portable applications, there is an optional function cable kit (KAB-FC) which permits the connection of rechargeable batteries to power the board. NiMH, lead acid, or NiCad batteries will recharge straight from the board using a 15~24 VDC, 1A power supply. Use extreme caution because the Bluetooth amp board does not provide under/over charge protection and the connected power adapter cannot have an output greater than 30 watts.
Eight AA alkaline batteries can also power this board, but do not connect the recharging feature for this type of use.
The best rechargeable battery option makes use a separate interconnect board from Dayton Audio (KAB-BE) which holds three 18650 Li-Ion batteries. This portable power source is highly recommended since this add-on battery holder board does provide under/over voltage protection. A 19 VDC, 1-5A power supply is your best choice for charging the expansion board. (15 VDC Min required and 24 VDC Max)
• One Dayton Audio KAB-230v3 Bluetooth Amplifier Board
• One 2-conductor power cable 20"
• One 4-conductor speaker cable 20"
• One peel-n-stick Airgain™ internal Bluetooth antenna with 5" (127 mm) cable
• One Bluetooth pairing reset push button switch with cable 20"
• Power output (w/ 19 VDC power supply): 2 x 30W @ 8 ohms
• SNR: 89.3 dB
• THD: 0.07% @ 8 ohms, 10W, 1 kHz
• Frequency response: 22 to 22,000 Hz (±3 dB)
• Impedance: 4-8 ohms
• Bluetooth range: 30 ft.
• Recommended power supply: 12 to 24 VDC, 4A
• Recommended recharging power supply (NiMH, lead acid, or NiCad) 15 to 24 VDC, 1A
• Recommended recharging power supply (Li-Ion) 19 VDC, 1-5A
• Board mounting holes center to center spacing: 3.32" x 2.4" (84 x 61 mm)
• Hole diameter: 0.14" (3.5 mm)
• Dimensions: 3.6" L x 2.7" W x 0.9" H
Optional Function Cables
Use the KAB-FC cables to customize any Dayton Audio KAB project. This four-cable kit comes equipped with Molex Mini Fit Jr connectors for easy termination to the board, and each cable is 20" in length.
• The AUX-in cable with 3.5 mm jack feeds music from any analog source directly to the KAB-230v3 board, enabling audio play from almost any non-Bluetooth source.
• The volume control with cable lets you manually control sound levels, and mounts into a 0.3" hole.
• The battery cable is for portable projects where AC or 12 VDC car power are not available. Multiple types of rechargeable batteries work with this cable and the board will charge the batteries when using an adapter with 15 to 24 VDC. Output wattage of the power adapter should never exceed 30 watts, as there is no under/over charging protection built in to the KAB-230v3 board.
• Using the on/off power cable cuts power to the entire board, but still provides power to the connected batteries for charging. An optional SPST switch is needed to accomplish this function.