Please note: this is a kit. Images of finished speakers are for example only.
Want sound quality which far outweighs the price?
Then you need our C4 Mk1 centre channel speaker kit. As with our other compact speakers, the C4 is a great starter kit and a fantastic introduction to DIY audio. Suitable for multiple applications, our C6 works particularly well as a centre channel in any surround sound or home theatre scenario, and it's a perfect match for the other speakers in out 4" kit range. The C6 can also be used in stereo configuration as an MTM (Mid - Tweeter - Mid) pair.
There's a reason why our kits have unique appeal, and here's why! The LSK line of kits have been re-vamped and overhauled by high-end loudspeaker designer, Stuart Graeme Ralston, Mr SGR himself. Now there's a chance for everyone to own some SGR magic, at very affordable prices. As with the rest of our 4" series, we've had drivers made specifically for these kits and have used high quality crossover components from trusted brands. The 4" series performs well above its price point and rivals much more expensive equipment.
- The 5 channel bundle inclues four M4 Mk2 speaker kits and one C4 speaker kit
- The 7 Channel bundle inclues six M4 Mk2 speaker kits and one C4 speaker kit
- To buy multiple C4 kits or a stereo pair for MTM configuartion just add two or more C4 kits to your cart
The applications the M6 best suits are:
- Centre speaker in home theare (HT).
- MTM (Mid - Tweeter - Mid) stereo configuration
- PC Audio applications (Centre or MTM)
- Bookshelf Speakers (MTM)
Included in the C4 Mk1 speaker kit:
- 1 pre-built crossover
- 1 LSK soft dome tweeter
- 2 LSK mid-woofers
- 1 piece of acoustic lining
- 1 binding post terminal
- 2 tuning ports (25mm)
- 17 black screws for assembly
- Assembly instructions
- DIY speaker grill (grill frame and cloth with assembly instructions)
- These are the actual measured responses, without the doctoring or smoothing which commonly occurs in the audio industry. Frequency response measurements are gated, but not smoothed. Measured at 1m distance, on tweeter axis.
- Weights are without grills attached.
- Suggested amplifier power ratings are nominal only. There is a wide range of factors which impact the performance and suitability of any speaker/amplifier matchup. Damage to speakers is usually caused by an underpowered amp which is clipping due to being driven too hard. Damage to speaker drivers and kit components caused by over-driving the amplifier or the speaker is not covered by warranties. In general, kits from M4 upward will suit most commonly available Home Theatre DD/DTS receivers.
|Depth (inc. grill) (mm)||200|
|Assembled Weight (kg)||5|
|Nominal Impedance (ohms)||16|
|DC Resistance (ohms)||13.4|
|Minimum Resistance (ohms)||6.4 @ 16kHz|
|Maximum Impedance Phase Angle (degrees)||-52°/18Ω @ 3.3kHz|
|Power Handling (Continuous - RMS)||50W|
|Power Handling (Short Term - Peak)||150W|
|Sensitivity (dB) (2.83V/1m)||84|
|Recommended Amplifier (RMS)||25-80W|
|Bass Performance (Hz) (-3dB cutoff)||80|
|Hi Frequency Extension (Hz) (-3dB cutoff)||30k|
|Flat Frequency Response Deviation (dB) (to 20kHz)||+/- 6dB (90Hz to 10kHz +/-2dB|
|Filter Sections||2 way|
|Filter Order||1st order Butterworth|
|Crossover Frequency (Hz)||2.8k|
|Woofer Diameter (nominal)||4"/102mm|
|Tweeter Diameter (nominal) (mm)||22|
|Cabinet Wall Thickness (mm)||12 (back panel 18)|
|Cabinet Material||MR MDF (Moisture Resistant)|
As you can see from the overlaid graph, the C4 is a perfect tonal and efficiency match with our M4 for surround sound use.
All LSK speaker kits are covered under a 3 year warranty. Warranty coverage includes manufacturers’ defects on all components such as woofers, tweeters and crossover circuits. Damage to speakers is usually caused by an underpowered amp which is clipping due to being driven too hard. Damage to speaker drivers and kit components caused by over-driving the amplifier or the speaker is not covered by warranties*.
If you purchase a kit from us and are not absolutely satisfied with the sound quality then you can return it to us within 14 days for your money back (this applies to kits only). All you pay is the freight cost back to us provided the components are in as-new condition and you have kept the original packaging. You must return the cabinets as well even if these have been partly or completely assembled.
The Box Build Warranty
We are certain that you will find the cabinets that are supplied with our kits easy to build and of an excellent fit and finish. If, however, you are not absolutely happy with the finish you have obtained, you can return the cabinet to us and we will supply you with a replacement cabinet at a nominal price.
* Suggested amplifier power ratings in our specifications are nominal only. There is a wide range of factors which impact the performance and suitability of any speaker/amplifier matchup. In general, kits from M4 upward will suit most commonly available Home Theatre DD/DTS receivers.
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other The Loudspeaker Kit users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.