OmniMic V2 Precision Measurement System
Updated software and improved hardware
Notify me when back in stock
Acoustic measurements just got easier!
Dayton Audio's OmniMic V2 was developed in collaboration with Liberty Instruments, inventors of the Praxis analysis tool. Powerful, versatile, yet easy to use, the OmniMic V2 will become an indispensable part of your audio toolbox— whether for testing individual speaker components or entire in-place audio systems of every description. The OmniMic V2 provides quick and accurate measurements that will reduce installation time, saving you both labor and money.
The OmniMic V2's test signals will be initiated directly from the host computer, or use the optional OmniMic Test CD (Available from Dayton as a Download) to play the signals from a CD player. System includes calibrated USB microphone, rubberized mic clip, 6 ft. USB 2.0 cable, desktop tripod stand, and carrying case. Compatible with Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10.
For use with home theater surround sound systems, the OmniMic 5.1 Channel Test DVD is now available! Now, make home theater measurements with the ease and speed of the OmniMic!
• SPL meter with A, B, C, or no weighting
• Spectrum analyzer, FFT, or RTA
• Frequency response with phase and impulse response
• Oscilloscope function to view complex waveforms
• Harmonic distortion: 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th harmonics plus THD
• RT60 reverberation: measures sound reflection
• Bass decay function identifies room modes and helps determine proper subwoofer placement
• Polar Plotting, in flat or 3D radar format
• Wavelet Spectrogram (color) to the Waterfall group
• Curve Math for live or added curves
• Auto-naming of repeated FRD measurements; updated
• Snapshots to PNG, BMP, JPG or WMF formats
• Measurement down to 5 Hz
• Energy-Time Curves, with configurable band limiting
• Supports new file-based microphone calibration
• Expanded Help Files
• Printer selection
Calibrate Your OmniMic V2 Instantly
A unique serialized calibration .txt file will be available for your OmniMic V2. Once you receive your microphone, visit the Dayton Audio OmniMic Web page where you will be prompted to enter the serial number found on the base of your calibrated OmniMic V2. After entering the serial number, your unique calibration .txt file will be available for you to download.
Note: Windows 8 Users
Windows 8 has a USB recording bug. To get around this issue and use the OmniMic on a machine using Windows 8, please perform the following:
Find the OmniMic icon, Start Menu entries, etc., that you use to start the OmniMic software. Instead of left-clicking the icon, right-click and then left-click on the "Properties" menu item. A "Properties" window should open. Select the compatibility tab and find a checkbox labeled "Run this program in compatibility mode for:" There is a drop-down box just below the checkbox, set that to "Windows XP (Service Pack 3)". Then put a check in the checkbox and click "Ok" to close the properties windows.
Now when you start OmniMic using that icon (or menu item), it will run in the XP mode that avoids the Windows 8 USB recording bug.
For updates to the OmniMic software please visit the Dayton Audio OmniMic web page.
• Updated software and improved hardware
• Compact, portable, accurate, affordable
• Intuitive software—open the box, start testing in minutes
• Perfect for setting up home theater systems
• Optimized for use with netbooks and laptops
• Accurate response down to 5 Hz, fully calibrated, includes FRD file
• For professionals and hobbyists—design and tune speaker systems and arrays
|Model Number||OmniMic V2|
|Unit of Measure||Each|
|Warranty - Parts||5 Years|
|Warranty - Labor||5 Years|
|Product Shipping Weight (lbs.)||2.0000|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other The Loudspeaker Kit users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.