Dayton Audio KAB-100M 1x100W Class D Audio Amplifier Board with Bluetooth 4.0
This Amp Board makes it easy to add audio to projects
Notify me when back in stock
High Quality Audio Performance
The Dayton Audio KAB-100M Bluetooth Amplifier Board delivers high quality sound without drawing a lot power. This is due to the highly efficient Texas Instruments TPA3116 Class D amplifier chip. The TI TPA3116 operates at 90% efficiency. The added heat sink mitigates any issues that may arise from excess heat. Its high efficiency becomes a major advantage when powering from batteries as it prolongs the playtime of a single charge. Its ultra-low distortion and pop-free performance make this hi-fi amplifier board an integral asset in any quality audio build.
Unlike other amplifier boards, the Dayton Audio KAB-100M includes a built-in Bluetooth 4.0 module with aptX. The advantage of Bluetooth 4.0 is its low power consumption which prolongs the playtime of battery powered builds. The streaming audio quality rivals that of CDs thanks to the addition of the aptX codec by CSR. Designed and built for Bluetooth demonstration purposes, this fully functioning module provides a turn-key approach to Bluetooth certification for consumer goods. If the application of this board is for the hobbyist or industrial purposes then nothing is required to enjoy the full convenience of pairing and streaming high quality Bluetooth audio. The KAB-100M is also CE and FCC ready for certification purposes.
Included with the KAB-100M are two wire harnesses: one for DC power and the other for connecting to stereo speakers. For many users, these cables are all that is needed to complete a project. Since they have Molex Mini Fit Jr connectors to speed-up installation and create confident a connection, there is no need to solder or troubleshoot loose and unstable contacts. Dayton Audio also offers a variety of accessories with robust features to make installation even easier. Find out more about optional accessories below.
Due to the overall audio performance and built-in Bluetooth, this amp board has almost endless application possibilities. From hobbyists and DIYers to manufacturers and installation organizations this Bluetooth amp board has immense flexibility. For orders greater than 20 units, custom OEM Bluetooth pairing names are available -- email [email protected] for more details. Even if you bypass the Bluetooth feature, this amplifier board integrates easily into any job because of its array of included and optional wiring harnesses. Examples of applications include:
Extreme Low Standby Power
The Dayton Audio KAB-100M will remain powered up to 7 days in standby mode even while Bluetooth is enabled. This standby time is approximately 4x longer than the competition due to the use of a high efficiency DC/DC converter which minimizes power consumption thanks to the employment of a micro controller as the PMU (Power Management Unit).
Multiple Power Paths
The Dayton Audio KAB100M features numerous power options for creative, wireless sound projects. This flexibility eliminates limitations often caused by most other amp boards. Therefore, your design can be cord restricted or truly portable.
For portable applications, there is an optional function cable kit (KAB-FC) which permits the connection of rechargeable batteries to power the board. NiMH, lead acid, or NiCad batteries will recharge straight from the board using a 15~24 VDC, 1A power supply. Use extreme caution because the Bluetooth amp board does not provide under/over charge protection and the connected power adapter cannot have an output greater than 30 watts.
Solar charging is also an option; this application requires solar batteries with float (open) voltage with 16.5 to 21.5 VDC, and 20 to 100 watt panel.
Eight AA alkaline batteries can also power this board, but do not connect the recharging feature for this type of use.
The best rechargeable battery option makes use a separate interconnect board from Dayton Audio (KAB-BE) which holds three 18650 Li-Ion batteries. This portable power source is highly recommended since this add-on battery holder board does provide under/over voltage protection. A 19 VDC, 1-5A power supply is your best choice for charging the expansion board. (15 VDC Min required and 24 VDC Max)
• One Dayton Audio KAB-100M Bluetooth Amplifier Board
• One 2-conductor power cable 20"
• One speaker cable 20"
• One peel-n-stick Airgain™ internal Bluetooth antenna with 5" (127 mm) cable
• One Bluetooth pairing reset push button switch with cable 20"
- Efficient 1 x 100 watts of power from the Texas Instruments TPA3116 amp chip
- Bluetooth 4.0 with aptX built directly into board – no need for a separate module
- U.FL IPX coaxial connector for internal or external Bluetooth antenna (internal antenna included) and a Bluetooth pairing reset switch
- Wire harnesses make installation quick and simple with no soldering required – includes power and speaker cables
- Optional Accessories expand functionality and more
- 5 year Dayton Audio Warranty
• Power output (w/ 21 VDC power supply): 1 x 100W @ 4 ohms
• SNR: 92 dB
• THD: 0.02% @ 8 ohms, 10W, 1 kHz
• Frequency response: 22 to 22,000 Hz (±3 dB)
• Impedance: 4-8 ohms
• Bluetooth range: 30 ft.
• Recommended power supply: 12 to 24 VDC, 4A
• Recommended recharging power supply (NiMH, lead acid, or NiCad) 15 to 24 VDC, 1A
• Recommended recharging power supply (Li-Ion) 19 VDC, 1-5A
• Board mounting holes center to center spacing: 3.32" x 2.4" (84 x 61 mm)
• Hole diameter: 0.14" (3.5 mm)
• Dimensions: 3.6" L x 2.7" W x 0.9" H
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other The Loudspeaker Kit users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.