High Quality Audio Performance
The Dayton Audio DSPB-100 DSP Amplifier Board delivers high quality sound without drawing a lot power. This is due to the highly efficient TPA3116 Class D amplifier chip. The TPA3116 operates at 88% efficiency, thus eliminating the need for a large heat sink and reducing its overall size. Its high efficiency becomes a major advantage when powering from batteries as it prolongs the playtime of a single charge. Its ultra-low distortion and pop-free performance make this hi-fi amplifier board an integral asset in any quality audio build. This board is preset to work as a subwoofer amp board. If you want to use it as a for full range amp board you must preprogram it with SigmaStudio.
Integrated DSP Chip
Unlike other amplifier boards, the Dayton Audio DSPB-100 includes a built-in ADAU1701 DSP chip. Create nearly limitless possibilities of EQ, crossover, bass enhancement, time alignment and more thanks to the ADAU1701 DSP chip. Make advanced crossovers with ease without circuit knowledge, capacitors, inductors, or preamp boards, and get almost immediate feedback on how your project sounds. SigmaStudio software and Dayton Audio DSPB-ICP1 programming board (sold separately) combine together to let you set audio parameters to produce hi-fi quality sound. Download SigmaStudio into your desktop or laptop computer and plug the small ICP1 board into the USB port using a micro USB cable (sold separately). To quickly adjust the sound there are four potentiometers on the DSPB-100 amp board.
Included with the DSPB-100 are three wire harnesses: one for DC power, one for Line-input, and the other for connecting to stereo speakers. For many users, these cables are all that is needed to complete a project. Since they have additional on board connectors, wiring harnesses (sold separately) are available to speed-up installation and create confident connections without soldering. Dayton Audio also offers a variety of accessories with robust features to make installation even easier. Find out more about optional accessories below.
Use this full function, adjustable amplifier board with built-in DSP chip in endless audio applications that seem impossible to produce the right sound quality. So if you’re a hobbyist or manufacturer enjoy presetting this full functioning 1 x 100W DSP amplifier board to peak performance in your finished product. The DSPB-100 is also CE and FCC ready for certification purposes.
To add more channels and Bluetooth to a project, combine the DSPB-100 with a Dayton Audio KAB-250v3 amp board using wiring kit DSPB-EC (sold separately).
Portable Power Paths
For portable applications, there are three battery holder/charging boards which permit the connection of li-Ion rechargeable batteries to power the board. First is the Dayton Audio KAB-BE 3-cell 18650 battery holder/charger board that is the same size as the DSPB-100 and KAB-250v3 which makes it easy to stack the boards with standoffs. This battery board must use a 15 to 24 VDC power supply.
If you desire more wattage output, use the 5-cell 21 VDC Dayton Audio LBB-5S or LBB-5 board. They work with 5 to 24 VDC power supplies. The LBB-5S uses 18650 Li-Ion batteries, and the LBB-5 uses 26650 Li-Ion batteries which delivers more play time. These portable power sources are highly recommended since all three provide under/over voltage protection.
Please note: To achieve power output briefly plug in the recommended power supply into the battery boards after the batteries are installed or when the batteries are removed and reinstalled.
• One Dayton Audio DSPB-100 DSP Amplifier Board
• One 2-conductor power cable 20"
• One 4-conductor speaker cable 20"
• One 3.5 mm line-input cable 20"
• Power output (w/ 24 VDC power supply): 1 x 100W @ 2 ohms
• SNR: 88 dB 100W @ 2 ohm, THD+N=1%, 26 dB, A-weighting
• 100W @ 2 ohm, THD+N = 1%, 200 Hz
• THD+N: 0.05% 10W @ 2 ohm 200 HZ 26 dB
• Frequency response: 20 to 20,000 Hz (±3 dB)
• Impedance: 2-8 ohms
• Recommended power supply: 12 to 24 VDC, 4A
• Board mounting holes center to center spacing: 3.32" x 2.4" (84 x 61 mm)
• Hole diameter: 0.14" (3.5 mm)
• Dimensions: 3.6" L x 2.7" W x 0.9" H
Optional Expansion Cables
Use the DSPB-EC cable kit to customize any Dayton Audio DSPB project. Each wire harness comes equipped with mini connectors for easy termination to the board, and each cable is 20" in length.
• The 6-wire cable combines sound level functions with the KAB-250v3 and KAB-230v3
• The 3-wire cable combines power functions with the KAB-250v3 and KAB-230v3.
• The 4-wire battery cable is for portable projects where AC or 12 VDC car power are not available. This cable plugs directly into all the Dayton Audio Li-Ion battery boards. If using the KAB-BE battery board you must also add the KAB-250v3 or KAB-230v3 to the project for charging purposes.
• Three LEDs green, blue, and red are in the kit for charge, Bluetooth, and power status if you add one of the KAB Bluetooth amp boards to the DSPB board. Each LED has its own 2-wire harness.
• Add an optional SPST unmarked switch (sold separately) to the 2-wire on/off power cable to cut power to the entire board.
Optional Li-Ion Battery Charging Board
The Dayton Audio KAB-BE Li-Ion battery charging board holds three 18650 batteries (sold separately). This charging board has built in under/over voltage protection circuits for safe charging and longevity. It balances different voltage between batteries in case one battery discharges faster than the others. A 19 VDC, 1-5A power adapter works best for charging batteries contained in this board. Additional boards can be sequenced together to provide longer playing time.
Please note: When removing batteries from the KAB-BE, the charging adapter must be plugged in momentarily after the new batteries have been inserted. Failing to do so will prevent the amp board from powering up.